Thursday 1 February 2018

Liebster Award | Q & A

I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Tiffany from Red Wine and Blue Mom!! It is such an honor to be nominated for something as sweet and kind as this and what a fun way to connect and develop friendships within the blogging community!


The Liebster Award was created by The Global Aussie and 'is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. In German, Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.' It was created to connect and support the blogging community.

Firstly I would like to thank the lovely Tiffany from Red Wine and Blue Mom for kindly nominating me! Her blog is all about motherhood, cooking, inspirational posts and everything in between. On top of all this she is an exceptional blogger and writer! Don't just take my word for it, click here to find out for yourself!

The way the Liebster Award works is:
  • Another blogger nominates you.
  • They answer questions posted to them by their nominator and at the end of their post they ask you a series of questions to answer.
  • You then nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserves the award.
  • Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
  • Head over the The Global Aussie for more rules and don't forget to post your blog in the comments for others to read!


Let's get to the questions!!!

1. What inspired you to start your blog?

I started my blog in early 2016 and previous to that I had never been much of a writer - in fact English was my worst subject in school! I had just moved to London from a small town in New Zealand, and wanted to keep my friends and family up to date with our adventures on the other side of the world. I fell in love with blogging early on and even spent the little time I had on my evenings and weekends writing and taking photos. I found out quickly that it is very time consuming and almost a full time job, so the blog got put on the back burner for a bit. Since moving back to New Zealand, I have had the time to invest into making this website the best it can be (I still have a long way to go!) and have rediscovered my love for blogging again!

2. What has been your proudest blog moment so far?

To be honest, my blog is pretty small and doesn't get a lot of traffic, which is fine because it is a hobby and not a job - but I have to say being nominated for a Liebster Award is pretty exciting! To think someone thought of me and has visited my blog makes me very happy!

3. Where do you go when you need a little material inspiration?

I go to other blogs, pinterest, instagram, youtube etc for inspiration. There are so many talented bloggers out there who create beautiful content, and I find that is the best place to get inspiration. Plus its important to support each other as it is such a tough business to break in to. I also love going to YouTube for inspiration. Even though I am too shy to post videos, I love to be able to incorporate those ideas into my blog posts.

4. Do you have a routine you have to do before or during your writing time?

Not really. I usually write the blog post first and then sort out the photography later. I love having loads of photos on the blog because that is what I like seeing on others.

5. What do you hope to accomplish by the end of the year?

Personally, I would like to become less dependant on other people's approval and accomplish some of my fitness and health goals.
In my blog, I would love to grow my audience, get better at blog photography and stick to a schedule of posting throughout the year. We will see how that goes!

6. Which blogger would you love to colab with?

This is a tough question as I don't know too many. I would say Niomi Smart would be one of the bigger YouTuber/Bloggers I have always admired and I love her content. I also love InTheFrow and her fashion posts. She is killing the game!! To be fair I would be open to colabing with anyone who shares the same interests - travel, fashion, beauty, fitness or God. Hit me up if you would like!

7. What do you love to do when you aren't busy blogging?

I love to travel and explore new places. That is something I always hope to do. I like fitness and enjoy running (OK maybe 'enjoy' is too strong of a word...). I have also found a new love of cooking recently so creating new dishes is something else I love to do!

8. Post 10 random facts about me (from The Global Aussie)

  • I am a Christian
  • I have travelled to 22 different countries (some more than once)
  • My nickname is Bam 
  • My favourite movie is The Holiday
  • I have 2 tattoos and 5 piercings
  • I am terrified of the ocean and I find beaches in no way relaxing
  • I do not like coffee or tea
  • My personality type is INFJ
  • I LOVE sleeping
  • My favourite TV show is Friends

9. What makes you passionate about blog posting? (question from The Global Aussie)

Blogging has created an environment for me to share my experiences, be creative, and write about the things I love. I hope to use this platform to inspire others and I pray that whoever reads my posts can walk away with a smile and a bit of encouragement. The world can be a negative place - especially with social media - and the blogging community is such a positive and supportive place to share and discover new products, travel stories, find inspiration and everything in between.


My nominations are:
1. candidlykristina.com
2. pricelesslifememories.wordpress.com
3. phillipdeanblog.wordpress.com
4. lazygirl.us
5. moretoexplore.co
6. todaytomorrowforeverella.wordpress.com
7. thetustingirl.com
8. forevermotivated.blog

My questions are:
1. What or who inspired you to start your blog?
2. Where is your dream travel destination and why?
3. Do you have goals for your blog? If so, what are they?
4. What is the last compliment you got?
5. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world (fiction or not), where would it be?
7. What is something that most people don't know about you?
8. Do you have pets? If so, post a photo of them here!

I hope you enjoyed reading this and thank you again to Tiffany for my nomination!! I can't wait to read your responses! Leave your blog links in the comments - I would love to support you!
Don't forget to be kind and lift each other up!

Thanks for reading!

God Bless,
Amber x


No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished